1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former N.C. State players ejected from game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Feb 19, 2012.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

The look on Googs' face when Corchiani and him got the heave-ho was priceless.

I'm with Moddy, refs like Hess, Valentine, and others want to be The Show.

They make all the other non-descript refs in the game look like the Keystone Cops.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And he was as big a showboat as Teddy V in his day.

3. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, Hess also was the guy who blew the goaltending call in the final seconds of the WVU-Syracuse game. Not that the two events mean anything when taken together -- except that Hess is having quite the shitty year.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

A trio to send coaches screaming into the night: Hess, Valentine and (wait for it... ) Jim Burr...

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Hess reprimanded by ACC for not following procedure, which includes communicating with the site manager.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7595857/acc-reprimands-official-ejection-chris-corchiani-tom-gugliotta

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Holy Shit Balls.

If I am coaching a team, and these three are officiating it.......when they come over for pre-game introductions, I just look at all three and say "Fuck You, You Fuck Him, and they both fucked your mother."

Turn around, and head for the showers.

Quick, painless, and you got the last word.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I saw Jim Burr (and John Moreau of Richmond, who I thought was a competetent official) totally screw Microville Tech in an NCAA game back in the day. Phantom fouls left and right, including a no-touch game-ender at the buzzer.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The best possible news.

Hess had DePaul @ St. Johns Monday Night

Wont have UNC @ NCST.

9. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Hess was never supposed to be at UNC-NC State in the first place. A quick check of Statsheet.com shows he worked the teams' first meeting in Chapel Hill and it's very rare for a ref to work both games of a home-and-home.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Thank. Goodness.

NCSU has enough problems without another one being tossed into the blender.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Hess on the call for Auburn-Florida tonight.

12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Ridiculous that Hess tossed them. It would have been a disaster if he had called last night's game.

Draft saved Draft deleted