1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former MLB player to make pro wrestling debut ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Jun 2, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

Yeah, I remember the Pete one, but I thought earlier (like maybe late 90's), Bonds had something to do with one.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I hope Neil hung on to that pinwheel hat. I'm nowhere near Quebec and it became quite a fashion statement.

The back of lyric booklet for "Signals" is a planned subdivision (the first track on the album is "Subdivisions") with "Warren Cromartie Secondary School" printed on one corner.

3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

are they still making Cro-bar candy bars in Canada?

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Like Cheap Trick, Cromartie is huge in Japan.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The Crow..... bloody awful.

Delusional character to the highest degree.

6. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Pete actually did three appearances in consecutive Wrestlemanias.

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Yeah Simon, that's the best description of him, really. It was like a bad skit.

Between him, Hank and Neil Rogers (the latter two spending time on suspension), that was some dysfunctional talk radio. I went to Eddie Kaplan for comfort.

8. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

A natural would be Joey.... uh.... Albert Belle.

9. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Pete Rose was Kane's bitch

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Hustle would not confirm who Cromartie will face in the ring, but media reports in Japan have speculated that it could be either Tiger Jeet Singh or Abdullah the Butcher.

I hope Cromartie is an emo, because if he wrestles Abdullah, he's going to be cut. A lot.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Didn't Randy Savage (or his brother Leaping Lanny Poffo) play minor league ball with the Cards? Or was that just an urban legend?

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

If I remember right, Savage was in fact a Cardinals prospect and got up to AA ball. I think his dad (Angelo Poffo) might have played as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted