1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former MLB pitcher and Tigers announcer the king of the DUI?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Captain_Kirk, Feb 7, 2008.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

"His license has been suspended 10 times and revoked five times. He received another dozen tickets, six of them for speeding, and has 20 points on his record."

Yet, the story says, he could conceivably get off with no charges for the .48 since he was in the car with the engine off and no key in the ignition. Fantastic.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

speaking of monster blows, this from fox news dot com:

"KLAMATH FALLS, Ore. — Authorities say a woman found in a car in Klamath County had a blood alcohol level of .72 percent, nine times greater than the legal limit for driving.

Sheriff Tim Evinger said it's rare to see readings higher than .30 percent. Levels of .40 percent to .50 percent are considered lethal.

Evinger said Terri Comer, 42, had been heading to her home in Keno last month, southeast of Klamath Falls.

An off-duty deputy found her in the car, which had plowed through about 100 feet of snow. Ambulance workers had to break a back window to rescue her.

Evinger said she was unconscious for 12 hours but released after a day in the hospital.

He said she was charged with drunken driving."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,321747,00.htmlhttp://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,321747,00.html

someone beat that.

3. No, that's 0.48 percent, I believe

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

blood is overrated.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Maybe it's just me, but I think the doctor was genuinly excited by this news. He probably wants Sorensen to come in for testing.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's more potent than clamato and beer, that's for sure.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Ok.

8. I was thinking he probably would like to buy the guy a drink.

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I think it's actually 0.48 percent, not 48 percent.

Still, I thought .40 was a coma and .50 was guaranteed death. Holy crap.

Ya know, I find myself sometimes thinking how easy it is to blow a .08 (it's like, two drinks within an hour for an average male) and how badly it would suck to get pulled over for something like that.

But this guy, this guy wasn't fucking around. He's like the Bob Beamon of drunk drivers.

10. I bet some SportsJournalists.commers could do it.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i saw that as a quick hitter on the nightly news a few nights ago. and i don't know, .72 is fucked up. it takes someone special to blow that high and still breath our air in the morning.

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Bob Beamon and Al Oerter combined.

On a couple of his previous arrests:

2004: .31 BAC

1999: .35 BAC (which he followed up with a .23 while out on bond for the .35 arrest).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/news/1999/12/01/sorenson_dui_ap/

Yes, this man is officially the King of the DUI.

Draft saved Draft deleted