1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former Indianapolis Star staffer available

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by Michael Pointer, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Michael Pointer

Michael Pointer New Member

Greetings everyone. I recently left the Indianapolis Star after 16-plus years there and am ready for freelancing opportunities.

It's an ideal setup. I live in a city with so many big events, such as the Indianapolis 500, the Brickyard 400 and a regular spot in the Final Four rotation. Others are less noticeable, but might be every bit as important to your website or publication. For instance, did you know Little League's Central Region headquarters are in Indianapolis and it hosts two qualifying tournaments for the Little League World Series every year? Or that USA Gymnastics has its offices in Indianapolis and will hold its national championships at Bankers Life Fieldhouse in August? I'm available to cover those types of events, too.

We have the Colts and Pacers. We're also home to triple-A baseball (the Indianapolis Indians), minor-league hockey (Indy Fuel) and a second-tier professional soccer team (Indy Eleven) that has become one of the city's top attractions during the last two years.

Indianapolis' central location also makes it easy for me to travel throughout the state. I can easily get to Fort Wayne, Evansville and South Bend. Need help with college sports? We have Butler and IUPUI in town and Purdue, Indiana and Notre Dame are all easy drives. I also can travel to nearby cities such as Chicago, Cincinnati, Louisville and St. Louis for whatever you need.

It's a great sports area. I'm an award-winning sports writer. Sounds like a terrific combination. Contact me here or at michael.pointer@earthlink.net and let me help you with your reporting needs.

2. Michael Pointer

Michael Pointer New Member

As far as nearby cities go, I also should add Columbus, Ohio. It's less than three hours from where I'm sitting. We also have a little organization called the NCAA in Indianapolis.

Draft saved Draft deleted