1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former hedge fund manager acquires life-saving drug, raises price 5,555% to $750/pill

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by bigpern23, Sep 21, 2015.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Ace, as was said in the last few pages, I can't believe Shkreli is real. He comes off like a Marvel villain.
    I mean, at one point he made a clarification that he only jacked up the drug price 4000% instead of 5500%.
    The least shocking thing to me is how young he is- whether he was born a monster or made one, he came of age in a society destabilized by robber barons and crony capitalists.

Moreover, does this look like a dude who has ever had sex?

[​IMG]

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware that sociopaths craved attention like this clown does.

3. 3_Octave_Fart

He wants to be a heel.
    His lawyer also is sociopathic.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Ben Brafman is not a "sociopath." He is also one of the best trial attorneys alive -- maybe the best. No hyperbole intended.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

[​IMG]

As easy as it is to give into entreaties that he die (I have my own, also), I think we need to be asking why the United States is the only developed country not to impose price controls on pharmaceuticals.
    Shkreli- the name even sounds like a comic-book villain- grew up watching medication being advertised on television.
    And I don't blame him for laughing at Congress. The clown cars once again got sent in to handle a real problem.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Just a brief excerpt from today's sneerfest:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He's like a heel wrestler who can't tell that he's getting booed because he sucks, not because he's a compelling villian.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He is the X-Pac of the pharmaceutical industry.

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Every time I see Shkreli and his stupid grin, I'm reminded of the assclowns in "A Clockwork Orange."

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Gowdy should be president.

Draft saved Draft deleted