1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former FanHouse employee updates

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I talked with him pretty extensively about making the jump when we were at the owners' meetings awhile back. Very good guy.

I'm embarrassed to say I thought he was insane for making the jump. If I had been a little more progressive-minded, I could have jumped ship at the right time and into an gig with the team that I covered. Instead, I waited and was thrown off. :D

2. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

Gators coverage? It took 10 seconds to find this:

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/gatorbytes/2011/09/14/tennessee-lb-curt-maggitts-dad-says-floridas-history-of-arrests-deterred-him-from-gators/

3. Fran Curci

You could find about a hundred more stories that put the Gators in a negative (but accurate) light if you do the slightest amount of research.

4. Fran Curci

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2010-09-17/sports/os-florida-gators-arrests-list-20100915_1_frankie-hammond-second-degree-misdemeanor-charge-misdemeanor-possession

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Writing about an arrest is not "negative" coverage.

You could be the biggest homer on the planet and if a player gets arrested, you have to write about it. Historically, Orlando has done the best job on this beat, but I haven't seen that as much since Fowler left.

Draft saved Draft deleted