1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former Chief and current Iowa FB analyst Podolak seriously injured in accident

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Feb 21, 2011.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Armchair, BigRed, and Coco, this just came on the Register's website several minutes ago.

Former KC Chief and current Iowa Hawkeye football analyst Ed Podolak was seriously injured in a car/pedestrian accident on Sunday morning in Scottsdale, Arizona. Podolak was struck by a car outside of his hotel. He was in Scottsdale attending a friend's wedding. Alcohol was not a factor.

http://hawkcentral.com/2011/02/21/broadcaster-podolak-injured-after-being-hit-by-a-car/

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

First thing I thought was, "uh oh... what did he do this time."

Here is to hope EP pulls out of this in a hurry.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Me and my dad have developed a Christmas Eve tradition of lunch at Arthur Bryant's... which inevitiably leads to a drive up the street where Municipal Stadium used to sit, which is where Ed Podolak did everything he could to try to beat the Dolphins in the longest game in NFL history... and the last game Chiefs ever played there.

All of which is apropos of nothing, of course. Just love hearing hte old man wax poetic about Podolak and describe the silent bus ride home for the 100th time.

Get well soon, Ed.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link, D-3.

And besides recovering from this serious accident, I hope EP is doing better with his drinking ... it almost got him canned a few years ago, if I recall.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

With any luck, Ed Podolak will experience the same Christmas-like miracle he gave Chiefs fans in 1971. Here's to hope ...

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Update. Apparently not life-threatening:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6147469

Draft saved Draft deleted