1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former Chargers safety Terrence Kiel dies after car accident

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by pressboxramblings07, Jul 5, 2008.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Actually shock, aside from one or two posts saying let's make sure he was drunk before we say he was, I don't see anyone necessarily disagreeing with you here.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

the original post offered up an "r.i.p." as if this was a guy worth offering sympathies for. presuming a guy who was spotted driving the wrong way down a street before losing control of his car and being ejected before or after it hit a wall just struck a nerve for a variety of personal reasons.

if i misread a few posts, i'm truly sorry. i just don't see a way in which this comes out with me feeling ANY sympathy for how kiel let his life spin out of control in recent years.

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Do we all want to be held accountable for all the things we did in our early to late 20's? I sure as hell don't, people make mistakes and then, some of them, right their ship and get their shit together. Not saying whether he did or not, but had he lived a few more years maybe he would have.

4. God forbid if someone you know, or worse, a friend ... makes a few wrong decisions in life and suffers a similar fate. Will you then say the same thing about them?

A lot of people offered "R.I.P.'s" when guys like Mickey Mantle, Babe Ruth and Len Bias died. Are they wrong for that?

5. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

That's kind of the problem: People don't want to be held accountable for what they did in their late 20s. Well, tough shit. You're not a kid.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

we'll never know, 'cause his effed up ass is dead. boo-hoo. :eek: :eek: :eek:

and i, for one, have no trouble being "held accountable" for anything i did in my 20's or since. geez, how much rope must people be given? the day i mourn for a--holes like kiel isn't anywhere close in my future. if he had killed someone else, too, should i still hope he's "resting in peace?"

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

yeah it always good when young people die I guess

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

no. didn't say it was "good" he was dead. just that it ain't no tragedy to me. why the hell should i care about this dickwad?

so much for only the good dying young.

9. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The worst part of all is that he died after being thrown from a "sedan" . If you are going down like this, at least slam into a wall in some kind of cool car like a Porsche. You just don't want people to read about you going out in a Crown Vic.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I guess shockey isn't giving the official sj statement of condolence on this one.

12. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Shockey's hatred seems a little personal to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted