1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former Chargers safety Terrence Kiel dies after car accident

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by pressboxramblings07, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Didn't see a thread on this. Sorry if it's a d_b.

He's from a high school in my former area. Nothing good comes from drinking and driving. But RIP, nevertheless.

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3474312

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

sorry, i don't waste my time offering an r.i.p. to an obvious eff up like kiel. just glad he didn't hurt anyone else. what a douchebag. and spare me any bleeding-heart psychobabble.

good riddance, a--hole.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

How do you REALLY feel??

:D

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

What was so bad about Kiel? Other than him being a safety for the Chargers, I can't remember anything remarkable about him one way or the other.

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Umm, he was coming from a party according to the story, but it hasn't been determined whether he was legally drunk or not. It's entirely likely, but let's reserve judgment until we find out for sure.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

he was seen driving the wrong way on a street and folks at the party allegedly tried to stop him from driving when he left. he had all sorts of drug stuff and off-field strikes during his time in san diego.

again, eff him. i've got zero sympathy on this one, boys and girls. no patience at all for self-destructive athletes who eff up what's been handed to 'em.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Yeah, I know, and I agree, I don't have sympathy for drunk drivers either, but I guess I'm being cautious here. I don't know anything about the guy, he could be a complete a-hole for all I know.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Guest starring as Starman today is Shockey.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

oops, my bad. i missed the memo on "proceding with caution" on a message board. ::) ::) ::)

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

hey, just trying to pick up the slack on a slow holiday weekend. :D :D :D

11. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Does Kiel really deserve that response? He was a victim of a car jacking, was arrested for shipping cough syrup (the felony was dropped and he served 175 hrs of community service and underwent counseling), and cited for public urination.

R.I.P.

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

i know folks in the san diego front office. the guy deserves no sympathy, trust me. even the carjacking incident was circumspect.

as i said earlier, just so glad he didn't take anyone else down with him.

cripes, just because an eff up has a tragic end -- at his own hand, in essence -- i don't see the need to offer up any sympathetic responses. i reserve those who have earned them.

why is this such a tough take for some to swallow? this could've been much more tragic. i'm just grateful it wasn't.

my prayers and sympathies go to those who are not rewarded for leading exemplary lives. plenty of those folks are out there, sadly. this guy dying in the cirumstances he apparently did DO NOT get an "r.i.p." from me.

i understand this tact seems cold. but it's how i feel, thanks to much i've experienced in my own life. wastrol's like kiel aren't worthy.

Draft saved Draft deleted