1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Former Canadian teen icon dies - four years pass before anybody realizes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double J, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

The Degrassi franchise has been going strong here for 30 years and this guy was one of the most popular kids in the version that ran in the late '80s and early '90s. If you're in the States, maybe you saw it on PBS. Anyway, this is just as bizarre as it is shocking.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/1132464--degrassi-star-neil-hope-who-played-wheels-reported-dead-almost-five-years-later

http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/1132769--degrassi-star-neil-hope-died-in-2007-family-only-learned-news-last-month?bn=1

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. copperpot

copperpot Well-Known Member

Everything about this story is so strange. I'd googled him a few times over the years, just always read no one really knew where he was.

One of the news stories had a link to the episode where they shot the "Everybody Wants Something" video and I almost cried watching it. I remember when I saw that episode for the first time a couple of years ago, I kept thinking that Joey, Wheels and Snake looked like they were having such a blast.

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I remember having to watch those shows in school. Wheels was funny.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

NOT WHEELS! Dammit. Joey was my favorite, but Wheels was No. 2.

6. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

When Spike dies I'm going to be fucking inconsolable.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I thought this was about Rene Simard. He lives on.

Draft saved Draft deleted