1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Forgiveness

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drip

Drip Active Member

For the last time Joel and I aren't buds or pals. He's a colleague.
    As for going away, if you don't like what I post, ignore it.
    I ignore you and post only when I feel I want to say something.
    I'm not one of "the boys" and frankly, don't want to be. This club med attitude by some members here leaves a lot to be desired. I may not agree with what everyone posts but I don't rank on everyone including those who want to pay me to go away.
    In short, I truly try and respect everyone's point of view whether I agree or not. I wish others could do the same. I know that is asking a lot but how about trying it for a while and see what happens.

2. There are times when this entire board seem so puerile that I wonder if there is any hope for journalism as I knew it--this is one such time.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

So sorry to have offended your sensibilities. Who knew this board's response to a crackpot could jeopardize an entire industry? Here I was thinking it was a bad business model and the internet, but turns out it was our attitudes. I can only hope we meet with your approval in the future, guy who's named after a car jingle..

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

I'm far from being a crackpot.
    What makes your views so righteous? Because people agree with you? Zoom is right and your post proves it to an extent. It is childish and it amazes me how people can get worked up in a chat room talking sports. If we were all in person, many of the insults that are hurled at each other would occur.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Please point out to me where I said my views were righteous. And a crackpot is exactly what you are. If everyone thinks you're an idiot, it might just be time to consider that you're an idiot. But the irony is that an idiot is incapable of following this logic.

So on we go ... I don't know you in person, so I don't know whether your departure would make the industry better, but I sure as hell know it would make this website better.

6. One never knows. Set the bar high enough and you just may succeed.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

HELMETS!

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Arnold you don't know me. I don't know you. Many of the people along the threads aren't journalists. This website supposedly is for sportsjournalists to share ideas and information, not insults.
    You, along with a few others, have moved it to a website of seeing who can make the best insult and who can do it the most. People, such as yoursef, say things in a chat room that they would not dare say to someone's face.
    If you don't like my ideas, fine. If I don't like yours, that's fine too. But the insults and name calling prove nothing.
    But you just don't get it.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

This has more than run whatever course it was supposed to run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.