1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Forgive my ego, but I'm 35, and I don't mind saying I'm looking good

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Jones

Jones Active Member

I have this theory about life.

The average male life expectancy is 72 years. So, if you want to keep track of a lifetime the way you measure a ball game, each of our "innings" is eight years long (72 years divided by nine innings). These divisions correspond to some pretty significant milestone years.

You know, 8, 16, 24, 32, 40, and so on. Anything over 72, and you're into extra innings.

Having turned 35, you are still nicely tucked away in the top of the fifth. Starting pitchers should still be in the game. Lots of play left. Anyone can win.

Especially when they have an ass as supple as yours.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Someone needs to add "supple ass" and "fucking haircut" to the SportsJournalists.com lexicon.

Oh, and happy birthday, Bubbler.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Shit, Jonesy, by that theory (an interesting one to be sure) as of Monday I just headed into the bottom of the sixth! These days most starters are running out of gas by that point(hmmmm.....maybe that explains it).

Is there an exchange rate on this for us Canucks?

4. I prefer to look at it as a hockey game, whereby I'm still in the middle of the second period.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Damn, that reminds me of the immortal Stompin' Tom Connors, and that wonderful, wonderful song that I never get tired of. :D

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

And he was only 2 days away from being eligible for his pension ...

Anyhoo, Happy Birthday. Enjoyable read.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Happy Birthday Bubs, and I'll be happy to fetch the beer of your choice. Also, does anyone know if his Wal-mart thread is still on the board because I was not around when it happened and never got a chance to read it.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I turn 38 in less than a week. A lot of people also think I am younger than I am, but I can definitely feel myself slowing down--the last year, in particular, with some sports injuries. I'm definitely not in the shape I used to be in, and I have lost half a step, but I think I am doing well for a guy who is almost 38 (that sounds so damned old to me!).

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm 35 in 2 months. Does it go downhill from there? Do I need to inquire about drugs for arousal?

Draft saved Draft deleted