1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Forget the creative genius; The Daily Show ticked me off tonight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MU_was_not_so_hard, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Most of the people in that St. Paul arena surely would believe that Colbert actually is a right-winger.

2. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Stewart's also said the reason the GOP takes such heat is because they're in power. When/If Obama wins, I'm sure they'll be zinging him too. The only difference is, he won't be as much of an easy target as Bush is. As Ralph Wiggum would say, that's unpossible.

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm pretty sure TDS spent last week tweaking the Dems and the DNC.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

If the dolts who get their news The Daily Show can't understand that it is on COMEDY Central -- not News Central, not Political Facts Central -- there is no hope for the future of this country. NONE!

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

And maybe more TV talking heads should be like Campbell Brown and make operatives of either party answer the frickin' question instead of allowing them to spew unadulterated talking points in the name of evening things out.

If TDS has taken on a journalistic responsibility, it's in its clips showing 10 different operatives of a candidate or party spew the exact same phrase, or showing someone in power who just said something profound today, followed by a clip of that person saying the exact opposite at an earlier time. You laugh, so you do not cry.

6. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

You hit the nail right on the head.
    I also liked The Daily Show better when Craig Kilborn hosted. I miss God Stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted