1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Forget newspapers - TWITTER costs kid scholarship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doodah, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Sorry, but incorrect. Do you really think you can say anything on Twitter and keep a government job, especially anything racist or misogynistic?

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I would like to think the body of work matters in each case, shottie. And I almost always put a description because I hate when I click on a thread and there's just a link and I'm not going to randomly click on it, so I have to read 10 posts to figure out what it's about.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Free speech, like any amendment, is not absolute.

4. dooley_womack1

And I always put a little description when I post one of my inane celebrity news links from yahoo.

5. imjustagirl

d_b always puts an inane celebrity news link with his c&p jobs too. :D

6. dooley_womack1

But at least I get mine right the first time.

7. imjustagirl

Tallest midget, dools.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

When I was a senior in HS, i spray painted some shit on a wall that probably could have gotten me expelled from school, had I gotten caught. And very rightly so. And had I been expelled from HS, my college admissions would probably have been canceled. And very rightly so.

I didn't get caught. Hee hee.

Of course I was smart enough to do my spray-painting in places where it was exceptionally likely I would NOT get caught. A world-wide instantaneous communication network with my name prominently identified would probably not have been a good option.

Too stupid ... tough shit.

9. dooley_womack1

At least those kind of posts aren't 80 percent of my posting history. Anyhoo, back on topic. It seems that for anyone 16-25, Twitter is more dangerous than alcohol, as far as temptation to use irresponsibly and possible long-term effects. Facebook isn't far behind.

10. imjustagirl

Mine was supposed to be a compliment. That comparing yourself to d_b is a low bar to clear.

11. dooley_womack1

Good point.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This. If I'm a coach, no way in h-e-double-hockeysticks I'm endorsing these tweets with a scholie ...

Draft saved Draft deleted