1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Forget bad beats ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by bigpern23, Aug 27, 2007.

1. The Combo Meal

The Combo Meal New Member

Gotta love people whose play is so obvious. except when the flush hits and you have to fold for 1/5 pot bet on the river and you're stack gets cut in half from the flop and turn bets. that's the way it usually goes for me

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was running bad for a bit a month or two ago and that was the kind of stuff that was happening to me.

It was funny, as happy as I was to drag that pot, a few minutes later, a guy sat down who had been watching the $10-25 No-Limit game a few tables over and told us he saw someone win an $80,000 pot. When asked what they won with, he replied, "King high." Unreal.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Now that's a story I want to read.
    Get that guy on here.

4. The Combo Meal

The Combo Meal New Member

Games that high are all read dependent and about knowing your opponents. your cards are almost secondary to all the other information

5. EE94

EE94 Guest

Exactly. It's easier to bluff in a big game with REAL money on the table, rather than $100 or $200 that people are willing to lose for a decent pay day.
    It's like a limit game. You generally need to have the hand because it's going to come to the showdown

6. bigpern23

Actually, from what I gathered, he showed down with King high and won it. :eek:

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Talking of great play at the poker table, anyone else catch the start of the new season of High Stakes Poker last night?

Don't want to ruin it for anyone, but the first hand between Matusow and Hellmuth was amazing.

8. bigpern23

What station is that on? I've watched some of it on YouTube, but never seen it on TV.

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

The Game Show Network, or GSN as it likes to go by now. I get it on digital cable where I live.

If you can't get it, here's the set-up and the hand.

10. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

That was a hell of a laydown by that guy ... I'm not good enough to fold that.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Good God.......what is he checking for?

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

That was a crazy hand.
    And Matusow was still chirping like an idiot.

Draft saved Draft deleted