1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Forget a hybrid, this is my next car....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Steve McQueen? Wasn't he the coolest doggone motherscratcher on the silver screen?

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Same here.......looks like a Beretta.

The new Charger......me likey.

3. The new Autoweek arrived in my mailbox yesterday containing a report on the Tokyo Motor Show 2007. The vehicle that really I'm jonesing for is the Suzuki X-Head:

[​IMG]

The side panel folds down. There's a pressure washer inside. The door handles are removable and can be used as flashlights and hammers. There will also be a camping pod available for use in the bed as well as a crane pod[/i]. I'm not sure what flavor Kool-Aid Suzuki's whipping up...but I'm ready for a cupful.

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

The Mustang doesn't have IRS for cost reasons. And go ahead and pounce on the Mazdaspeed -- Ford may have a controlling interest in Mazda, but Mazda still does most of its own work and does it well, especially on the smaller cars.

5. Is it me, or does that think look like a Tonka truck?

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm a Mustang lover. I drove a 2001 Must GT ragtop for 4 years and before that drove a fully restored '66 ragtop for 5 and a '89 GT ragtop for 7. I found that if you take care of them, they will last just like any other car. Never had a tranny go out or anything major (I totaled the '89 while rear ending a truck and sold the other two for financial reasons). The V-8 rumble was exhilarating. Driven the new Mustang and its sweet and can only imagine what the Bullitt will be like. Love the rally stripes on a Mustang; reminds me of my Hot Wheels.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's not a sports car.

THIS is a sports car:

[​IMG]

1957 MGA.

Draft saved Draft deleted