1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Forever Strong

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Sep 21, 2008.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I just got back from a special screening for this movie that a local rugby club hosted.
    For those of you who don't know about it, it stars Gary Cole, Sean Astin, Sean Faris and Julie Warner. It's about a kid who plays high school rugby on a team coached by his overbearing father. He gets in trouble with the law and sent to a juvenile facility in Salt Lake City. He ends up playing rugby for Highland, his team's hated rival (in real life Highland Rugby has won 17 under-19 national championships) and he ultimately faces his dad's team in the national finals.
    Like most sports movies, it was kind of corny (very corny, actually). It was still pretty enjoyable and I'm actually starting to appreciate Gary Cole as an actor. And of course, I've always appreciated Julie Warner's work. It had a good, positive message and the rugby scenes were pretty good.
    I don't imagine the movie will be a commercial success, but it's still worth seeing.

2. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

I thought Forever Strong was going to be what it said on Lance Armstrong's new comeback bracelets (I'm still wearning my Livestrong one).

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Armstrong has become like herpes. He won't go away.

Draft saved Draft deleted