1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore please: The 2021 Masters thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Apr 4, 2021.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

You had the right city, just the wrong school. ;)

Anyway, I'm guessing Bam Bam or DJ have to be the favorites. It would be a unique back-to-back win for DJ if he can do it.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This year you can!

EDIT: H/T da man and Moddy.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

In honor of Augusta, I will add that is a hootie!

BitterYoungMatador2 and maumann like this.
  4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

The Hooters in Augusta is at 2834 Washington Road. Or a Tiger Woods par-6 from Augusta National.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You know, I kinda thought Tiger's win in 2019 was a bit fluky but I just read that it was the lowest overall scoring average ever for an April Masters (Nov is different with a much different course). That's impressive whether Tiger was 42 or 32.

Looking forward to a great leaderboard and some cheers (not sure roars) on back 9 on Sunday. Golf season (good weather golf) is officially here!!

maumann likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I had assumed that someone would have posted this, and I'm certain at least some of you have seen it. Look at the pace, how he rips the ball out of the air. It's like he's on speed.

He'll be taking lines over the trees and doglegs no one else can... but his short game and putting had better be on.

I watch this and feel very comfortable predicting herniated discs and back surgery within ten years. He torques himself like the Tasmanian Devil.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I put him in my 10 pool but, then read he’s 70 out of 76 qualifiers past 3 years in 3 putts, not good.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Love Koepka's pink hat.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

He looks like a Monty Python character a young Michael Palin would’ve concocted. A BBC broadcast of a very strange golfer swinging like that and then hopping away.

10. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

It's Thursday and the greens already look lightning-quick light brown. Saw both Hovland and Koepka putts struggle to find a flat spot to stop rolling. Gonna be a fun week if it doesn't rain as much as they think.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

When I said I was betting on Strafaci to make the cut, I really meant I was betting on him to finish DFL. Ugh. 1 over through 8, made double on 9 and has completely blown up since.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Hovland with the psycho card of the day so far. A triple to open, three other bogeys, five birdies and eight pars.

Draft saved Draft deleted