1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore please: The 2021 Masters thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Apr 4, 2021.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Back-to-back majors at Augusta. Welcome back to finishing on the second Sunday in April, patrons on the grounds.

Jordan Spieth has been strong this season, but almost never happens winning the week before Augusta, but his play around the greens and putting have been terrific.

It doesn't matter. Always a great week.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Don't forget to enter your fantasy team on the Masters app for fabulous prizes (though no tickets, they're not that frisky). But remember that no one cares about your fantasy team.

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

The thing that blows my mind about this Masters week is that the weather up here is so decent that I will probably be hitting balls tomorrow and playing nine holes within a week. That's got to be one of the earliest starts I've ever experienced at this latitude.

4. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

May be a wet one. Augusta's weather can be different than ours, but Thursday here is 70% showers likely, 40% chance of thunderstorms Friday and Saturday, and 20% on Sunday, but highs in the 70s each day. Let the azaleas bloom.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I apologize in advance for being "that guy", but where is "here" for you? I know I am on this board a lot, but I really don't know exactly where you guys live.
    If I have something to post that is region-specific, I say "Long Beach, California" or L.A.

"Microville" used to drive me nuts, I finally had to ask him, "where the hell is Microville?"

Not sure why it is so hard for people to put the town they are talking about, instead of assuming everyone knows exactly where they live.

/rant over

tapintoamerica and maumann like this.
  6. Noholesin1

Noholesin1 Active Member

If the azaleas at 13 look anything like the azaleas at the media center, it'll look spectacular.

7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Sorry. I live in the northeast Georgia mountains, near the faux-Alpine tourist trap town of Helen, which puts me about 150 miles northwest of Augusta. Augusta is usually warmer (and much more humid) than us in the summer, but the weather patterns for fronts are the same.

misterbc and poindexter like this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Nantz picked Spieth to win during the Final Four broadcast. Rafferty put him on the spot to pick a winner, and to my surprise he did. Wet conditions give the bombers more of an edge, so maybe I'll go Rahm now that his child has been born and he's free to play.

9. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

How so? I would think it gives the better iron players an edge.

10. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

My friends, with due respect to Mr. Spieth and Mr. Rahm, if there is one thing I have learned about Augusta, it is that you can never count out Tiger.

Elliotte Friedman likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's always been a high-ball flight hitters' course, and if there's less roll on the fairways, the belters are gonna 1. hit more fairways and 2. consistently have shorter iron shots for approaches. Those are big edges.

12. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

True, but how many of the belters also are dart-throwing iron hitters?

Draft saved Draft deleted