1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore please: Azaleas, dogwoods and foliage, the 2020 Masters thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Nov 8, 2020.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

He might be low left-handed Canadian?

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I think you understand blue font. I know Elliotte does.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Watching some highlights and every time I see Jack now I say “f**k that guy. “

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

My pick? Some Euro who sticks around the top and wins after various US "golden boys" choke it away over the last three holes.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I think the no-crowd thing helps Rory this week. I like him to break through as well.

I have a weird feeling Spieth is going to at least contend this week. Good vibes at this place, etc.

Alas, play has already been suspended due to inclement weather. Already calling a Saturday morning finish for round 2.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The course is soft right now, right?

DeChambeau by five strokes.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

+270. I thought that was worth a flier.

MileHigh likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The weather forecast indicates a Tuesday finish is quite possible. Rain delays with less than 10 hours of daylight are killer.
    Update: Make that a Monday finish. Today looks like a total washout, but after that it clears up.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Apparently the practice area just opened, so they'll try to get back out there today.

Gonna be lots of mud balls out there. Can't see them allowing for preferred lies, not in this event. Hell, we had a USGA Four-Ball qualifier at a course in October that had taken three inches of rain the day before, and the USGA said hell no when we asked about preferred lies.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It was very wet at the 2002 Masters and I think it was on the Tuesday before that some rash soul inquired about preferred lies. The response from the Rules Committee was akin to inquiring if the club would put up a statue of W.T. Sherman. Another note on rain. At least back then, Augusta National only used organic fertilizer. Course had a faint but persistent odor of manure for the whole tourney.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Hooray4snail and MileHigh like this.
  12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Not if he keeps ending up in the woods.

Draft saved Draft deleted