1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 2019 Golf Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 31, 2018.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Kuchar had to be shamed into giving 5% of his purse.

I'm glad that this will be the biggest thing we will ever remember about Kuchar.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They've been doing it since February. Its insane.

3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

The same issue with NASCAR since The Chase: "If the race ended right now ..." But it's NOT, so the points don't matter until the race ends, you windbag.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't usually say a course has been set up too easily, and I know Medinah is soft from rain and there's been no wind, but this tournament has gone three rounds and a new course record has been set each day. Thomas with 65, then Matsuyama with 63, then Thomas again with 61. That's a course that's been around a long time. This is ridiculous, and just makes the "playoffs" seem more ridiculous.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The playoffs are ridiculous.
    Nuke them. Bring in the top 144 on the Money List for a Tour Championship, somewhere other than East Lake, and be done with it.
    The 15 million they're playing for doesn't mean anything.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Course set-up is definitely bad/soft. Though Justin Thomas was damn fun to watch today. With the sound down to avoid all the "points" updates.

maumann likes this.
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I'm in football mode. This is PGA Championship weekend when no one cared. And no one cares about this.

maumann, poindexter and Webster like this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I wonder if any thought was given to all the major winners automatically qualifying for the Tour Championship.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I see crowds at the course. I walk into my golf club bar and see people watching it on TV. Are they "no one?"

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It’s on TV at a golf club?

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I was at a rust belt diner and all that people could talk about was how much they liked Trump and the Fed Ex Cup.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Oooooops.

And to your earlier point, good heavens the mute button was required this weekend. The graphics update the points fine, you don't need Dan Hicks' running updates too.

Draft saved Draft deleted