1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 2019 Golf Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 31, 2018.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What are your dealings with him when you are not interviewing him?

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

A degree in finance from GEORGIA TECH!!! Well, whoop de damn do!!!

He's a frigging idiot with zero sense in how to read a room. You know what idiots do? They double down on their cheapness, like Kuchar did when he first got to Riviera, saying again what a fair deal he made with the caddie. Then, what, 24 or 48 hours, someone with some common sense *finally* got to him, and he then turned 180 degrees and faked a full apology.

You know who does that? A dummy, with zero street sense. Zero ability to read a room.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I’ve learned in interviewing new candidates for our firm that I have to avoid the “mirrortocracy”; picking people who are like me. I’ve found that this is how you find surprise diamonds. Big fancy degrees mean sh**, show me what you’ve actually done.

What good has Kuchar ever done for someone, not a big foundation but tell us about the time he made a caddie’s life better when he didn’t have to, or gave the attendant a big tip and a slap on the back when he could’ve ignored him.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He was nice to @hondo in an interview

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

It's no coincidence that hondo's Twitter handle is @kucharsmuchar.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Funny how you have this ability to know everything about someone without ever having met him or interacted with him.
    You also seem willing to completely dismiss a degree from Georgia Tech. Where was your sheepskin from?
    He bungled the caddie issue. People make mistakes all the time. No question about it. That doesn't make him an idiot just because you say so. As usual, you're awfully brave behind a keyboard.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

More than once and more than just me. I've seen him sign autographs and treat people extremely well when no one was really paying attention. But he under-tipped a resort caddie who wouldn't have made any money that week anyway (course was closed for the tournament), so he's the devil incarnate. I think some of these posts shows me a lot more about what's wrong with some of you people than what's wrong with Kuchar.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Well, if you saw him do it, and you're a reporter/columnist, and he knows that, I wouldn't say no one was paying attention.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

These guys are ripping up Medinah.

The Tour needs to find a happy medium on the course set-ups for the playoffs. In between majors and pitch-and-putt.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Now that we know where Derrick Coleman went ...

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I am almost unable to watch these playoff events because of the constant announcer focus on the up-to-the-minute and thus completely irrelevant points standings. "If he makes this putt, he'll go from 33rd to 25th! Dude, it's the 13th hole on a Thursday of a no-cut event. Don't even bother with that shit until Sunday.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

In other words, the Mexican should have appreciated any crumb that was thrown his way.
    Easy to spot a maga jerk off from a mile away.

Chef2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted