1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 2019 Golf Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 31, 2018.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

What a shootout -- and Furyk just knocked out a few guys.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Fun day for Furyk. McIlroy closes.

And those bombs on 17 by Pepperell and Vegas. They really were better than most.

Love Sawgrass.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

When Rory pulled driver out of the bag on 18, I bout shit.
    You're up 1. Don't need driver, but that thing was roasted and still didn't get 300 out of it. Ball was going nowhere today. Cool heavy air with a breeze as well.

4. Deskgrunt50

This major championship sprint is going to be fun. So many big names playing well. Somebody is gonna get hot and win two this year. That’s my hot take.

Said it before: I love this schedule change. The Players, Masters, PGA, US Open, Open in consecutive months is great.

5. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

"It look like they got the same teeth" at the end.

Perhaps more offensive than "guerilla" or "cotton-pickin"?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  6. Just the facts ma am

Oh, and on ESPN college basketball coverage there was this pasty faced white commentator repeatedly calling a black player a "genetic freak". He meant it as a compliment, but it struck me as inappropriate.

Vombatus likes this.
  7. Just the facts ma am

Don't get me wrong, Tiger is an ugly bug eyed, buck toothed motherfucker, but Kevin Na is a reasonably handsome man, so the comparison is unfair.

8. MileHigh

Then the FedEx Cup playoffs from four events to three. It took a lot of arm-twisting and shuffling, no doubt. But the PGA Tour going less is more is going to look brilliant. The NBA, MLB and NHL should take notice.

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If I'm Rahm's caddy.....after Sunday, I'm done.
    Great player? Yes. But he had NO business hitting that shot on 11. He told him he had a flat lie layup, and Rahm tried to hit a low hook, out of a bunker, into a 15 mph crosswind, from 226 that was 25 yards short of anything.
    Just pissing shots sway. Dollars down the drain.

10. MileHigh

Only if he has another gig lined up. But that was ridiculous in the moment -- and the aftermath. He told him exactly where to lay up. Blown off.

11. Deskgrunt50

Great stuff on the broadcast to catch the moment between Rahm and his caddie.

Even worse decision because he just watched Fleetwood rinse it from a good position in the fairway.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That's what I dont get. Your only bad miss there is short right. Pin is left. You have everything in the world long. That is your miss. If you are not good hitting a 3 iron from 235 into a left to right breeze with a left pin, hit a 5 wood over everything and chip back up or lay up and hit 9 iron sand wedge.

Draft saved Draft deleted