1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 2019 Golf Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 31, 2018.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

What he really meant:

"One of the biggest attractions we have, Mr. "Golly-Aw Shucks", realizes the gravity of the threat to his carefully cultivated image and now thinks that the best way to make everyone forget is to fork over the $45k that he so stupidly refused to pay before. It pains him to send over the $45k because hey isn't $200/day a lot over for THOSE PEOPLE? Thoughts and prayers to Mr. Kuchar and his family as they only have $1,300,000 now from the purse."

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

First of all he holds the job because he runs the agency. It's up to the players to fire him and as long as they're not being bothered by fans and media and still making money, they probably don't care.
    Second, I'm wondering if years and years of stonewalling the media and saying no to everything makes him clearly unprepared to handle incidents when he actually does have to swing into some kind of damage control?

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

He's really not. You're going to have to trust me on this. He botched this situation but it doesn't define him. He's one of the good guys.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I believe you that that's been your experience. I also have heard others say that's not been their experience.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Nope. Not buying this.
    He exhibited his a hole side three different times. If Kuchar would have handed him the chintzy $5,000 envelope and then next day made amends after the first push back I would buy your theory.

But Kuchar and the Kuchar camp kept doubling down. There was the cheap-ass steinie 15000 offer. The quotes from Kuchar after that that said he considered the matter done and the Mexican should be happy with his payday.
    Your theory isn't passing the sniff test.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that this only saw the light of day because of Gillis' tweet. If he doesn't blow the lid off of this bullshit. none of this comes to light and Mr. Grin gets away with it.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

What a fucking prick.
    "Pay the amount he has requested."
    No. Pay the amount that is due.
    Still not even 5%.
    He should be forking over 128k.

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I’ve interviewed Kuchar about 20 times and covered three of his victories. How many times have you interacted with him personally?

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as “due” when paying caddies. And a resort caddie in a one-off situation is due only what they agreed to.
    Would I have duked the guy more after winning? Sure. But there is no Tour “standard” for caddies.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I love when people think they know a person because they’ve interviewed them.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In my experience, I have covered Kuchar and he seemed nice. BUT. I also know a story from personal experience that makes me think less of him (we're all good and bad, I'm not sitting judgment here). I cannot tell the story as it comes from a small community where there
    d be repercussions for people who don't deserve them, being innocent bystanders. You'll have to take my word for it, and if you can't, fine.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

In the meantime Sergio Garcia has received much less crap for damaging give greens (affecting players behind him) than Kuchar has for a dispute on paying a caddie. Something is wrong here.

Draft saved Draft deleted