1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 2019 Golf Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Dec 31, 2018.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

No surprise. Mexico is WGC/no-cut guaranteed money. He's dominated Bay Hill and it's an homage to Arnie even though Honda is a home game. Lots of tough choices to make with the new schedule.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Certainly can't see Woods playing five in a row. When he's emphasized getting more rest this season. Agree Honda is likely a no-go.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

On that note, I almost forgot Phil avoiding prosecution for insider trading for being involved with gamble/con artist Billy Walters.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

There are only very loose standards in that regard. Some guys get paid a flat yearly fee. The much-rumored arrangement between Tiger and Steve Williams was $1.5 mill per year for Williams, with some incentives. Plus Stevie got to travel with Tiger on his charter flights.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I heard the same thing.....with 10% for a standard tour win and 15% for a Major.
    I always liked Stevie but the way that deal fell apart didn't look good on him. You want to move on, fine. But don't go flapping your gums to Feherty after Bridgestone about it.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Kuchar probably admires Joe DiMaggio, Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan. Cheapskates all.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Would be fun to see him in the Match Play and destroying a few guys like the old days. Did Stephen Ames ever scrub the tire tracks off his back?

8. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

When Tiger's tournament in DC first started, it had that status as well.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Kuchar: 'I was fair' paying caddie $5K for win

According to the story, Kuchar and Ortiz agreed to a $3,000 flat fee plus a bonus that could be up to $4,000. By my math, that’s $7,000. Yet Kuchar initially handed over $5,000. Given that this guy looped Kuchar to a win I’m betting was expecting the $7,000 then felt shafted when Kuchar handed him a light envelope. When. Kuchar offered the $15,000 as a get even move is even Ortiz told him to get Fucked.

“$5,000 is a good week (for those people).”

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

It is pouring rain in LA. all day.

Today is going to be washed out.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Every time he opens his mouth about this, it just gets worse.

Matt Kuchar responds to caddie-pay controversy

There are players, fairly or not, who have a reputation for being frugal tippers. And there are players on the other end of the spectrum. Asked where he falls on that spectrum, Kuchar said, “I think if you ask locker room attendants, they’ll tell you that they’re happy to see me. I’m no Phil Mickelson, but these guys are like, ‘Matt’s coming our way.’

Maybe they're just happy to see you because you've got the perma-grin and don't project the raging-asshole look that some Tour players have. Doesn't mean you're plastering the place with c-notes.

I just can't fathom being in that income bracket and being a cheap bastard.

Draft saved Draft deleted