1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 119th US Open Walking Championship Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, May 30, 2019.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Loved the way Woodland played - aggressive, but not stupid. That second shot on 14 with a one stroke lead was just studly.

maumann likes this.
  2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That's funny, my dad and I both had to buy windbreakers at Bethpage in 2002 on an unexpectedly cool and rainy day. It's a dark/army shade of green that hasn't aged well, but I always smile when I see it in the back of the closet.

As for Woodland ... great champ. That pitch from and across the green at 17 was an all-timer given the situation, even if that's an easy shot for pros.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Karma baby still there

Woodland and Amy = magic

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If you haven't seen it, you need to watch it.

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

That's really sweet.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Watched that again, plus the PGA Tour posted the FaceTime video of the two of them from last night. Just great. The PGA Tour's social media product still leaves a lot to be desired but they've struck gold twice with Amy and Woodland.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I do notice that despite the fact that Matt Kuchar was playing with Woodland that day and according to the video seemed to be just as involved in making sure Amy had a great experience, that he's completely left out of any of the aftermath.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Most incredible thing is she played the hole in under three minutes.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

At one point Woodland and Rose were two holes behind Kopeka.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I like Rose a lot.
    Woodland plays fast.
    Koepka plays REALLY FAST.

maumann likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd forgotten he was that guy. Might be my current favorite golfer - not just because he won, but how he played. I'm getting sick of the "next big things" flaming out as soon as they make a little money. Nice to see a guy who has been around and kept grinding get his moment in the sun.

expendable likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Hard to believe after watching him this week, but Woodland's putting kept him on the grinder level. When he had a week where he made them all, or nearly all, he was the best in the field. Long hitter, has touch, certainly thought well at Pebble, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted