1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fore Please. 119th US Open Walking Championship Thread.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, May 30, 2019.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I like Amanda Bailonis but was kinda disappointed in her line of questioning yesterday. Guy's had an amazing journey - not just through golf, but through life - and she starts blathering about "how does it feel to have a two year exemption and the Masters??!!" Dude, how about just letting him take a deep breath and asking what's on his mind right now. What was going through your mind as you walked the final holes and it was inevitable you had this locked up. I understand a lot of it isn't her fault because she has some nimrod in her ear from the truck but I thought that they could have done a lot more with it.

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Amanda is there to wear miniskirts, tight polo shirts and look hot, which she does very well

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

She also knows golf, which is why she still has a job and Holly Sonders doesn't.

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I googled Lashley to read up on him. My takeaway is that his girlfriend has an amazing ass.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

She's also only got about 30 seconds to do these interviews.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

By the way, this is the 2019 U.S. Open thread. There is a running golf thread.

7. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

Her name is Ashlie Reed. Which means, if they marry and she takes his name, she'll be Ashlie Lashley.

Captain_Kirk and expendable like this.
  8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Sonders played in college (Sparty) and worked at Golf Channel, but looking at her Instagram I don't think she misses golf too much nowadays.

Balionis is usually sharp, but I agree her first question didn't fully grasp the moment or his story. You could ask that to any rookie/first-time winner.

And yeah, this is the U.S. Open thread but all the cool kids haven't migrated back to the running golf thread yet ...

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

She doesn't miss botox either

10. Can't find the golf thread ... (search function not working? )

Steve Stricker finally bagged a major (sorry, The Tradition doesn't count), last week, when he won the US Senior Open in grand style. He dominated the weekend (62,64, 66 and 69). The final round was a walk through. He won by six strokes.
    OBTW the event was played at the Notre Dame course. Nice venue, not much of an "Open" course though (IMO).
    I think Fox is really solid with its golf coverage.

Stricker can join Monty as good-to-great players who never won a major until they joined the Senior Tour.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

He still never won a major.

He's won senior majors.

Not remotely close to the same thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted