1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fordham hoops coach's wife is not happy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, May 17, 2016.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Always a gray area on stuff like this, but this isn't some road beef alleging one-night stand with him. It's his own wife declaring it on social media, so it's definitely newsworthy, however distasteful. I don't get airing your dirty laundry like that. Divorce him, whatever, no reason to napalm your whole extended family in such a public manner. He screwed up, but now you're bringing public embarrassment to much more than him. Reminds me of the Skins' GM's wife and her allegations against the reporter giving her husband sexual favors for access. That story kind of went away.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

That's been there a while

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Ah. So it's really just a goofy coincidence that he writes about his "amicable divorce" while posting tweets from a pretty non-amicable split.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Typical SJ idiocy. Catholic school coach violates his wedding vows, cheats on his wife, and posters rail about the wife being pissed and calling him out.

Hokie_pokie and Lugnuts like this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

TTIWWOP

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Couldn't care less about the Catholic part -- he's a basketball coach, not a spiritual leader, and most functioning adults are pretty well past assigning any special morality to the Catholic faith.

What we're reacting to is the dirty laundry being aired. That's a ridiculous response from anyone above age 15.

But if you're all into the idea that people are obligated to be miserable until death over what they chose in their early 20s, knock yourself out.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

You read her tweets? She's been doing it for months.

I understand being hurt enough and posting one or two tweets to complain, but she posted at least a dozen.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

If my wife posted crap like this, I'd head to the hills toot suite.
    [​IMG]

9. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I don't know why the space at the beginning of that bothers me so much.

Lugnuts, HanSenSE and YankeeFan like this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Ah, the cray-cray is strong here. Maybe this guy is freqposter?

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

There have been many times I wished I could shout from the rooftops to anyone who would listen how much of a slut my ex was/is. I resisted the urge for, like, years after she cheated on me.

It would've felt so good to do, and probably would've sped up the recovery process. Alas...

12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Felt the same and for similar reasons. I always felt there was dignity and good karma in keeping that kind of shit to yourself when you've been betrayed by someone close to you. The short term satisfaction would certainly be there, but long term you're really not doing yourself any favors.

wicked likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted