1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Forde to Yahoo!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Oct 13, 2011.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

And the Dashette?

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm really surprised the chiefs at ESPN have been so quiet in the last few months. Sure they have business relationships with plenty of conferences and leagues they cover, but their journalism really seems to have taken the foot off the gas. Mostly their "news" is whether a player will play in a game or not, I've got to think there is a lot of stuff they know that they just don't report.

When's the last time Poynter issued a "report.?"

Oh - here it is. Hank Jr.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/poynterreview/post/_/id/139/espns-decision-to-part-with-hank-williams

One of the things I liked about Schrieber and to a lesser extent the others was they took a critical eye at ESPN and understood some viewers might be skeptical of an explanation. The current ombud seems to just pass on the press releases.

3. SellOut

SellOut Member

Have it on pretty good authority that their reporters have to "hold" stories on anything involving the network that they get on their own until Bristol is ready to announce it and that some topics are off limits b/c of conflicts with broadcast agreements.

4. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Dashettes belong to the people.

5. RustyHampton

RustyHampton Member

This is a great move for Pat and for sports journalism.

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Great move for Pat and Yahoo!

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Yahoo hasn't had a college football columnist, and King was in an awkward position as the college basketball guy whose job duties seemed very different from Yahoo's main competitors' college basketball guys. This is because of Rivals. It will be interesting to see if they make Forde an extension of Rivals or keep him separate.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good for Pat.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

With Pat joining Les Carpenter, Yahoo! can host the maneater circa 1985 reunion.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

He'd be pretty wise to make the jump.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

12. I see what you did there wicked.

Draft saved Draft deleted