1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ford: Rumsfeld, Cheney, Bush "made a big mistake"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Dec 28, 2006.

1. This fellow, too, apparently. Note the date, please.
    http://atrios.blogspot.com/2006_12_24_atrios_archive.html#116737329684618004

Speaking of doddering old fools...

2. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Didn't Carter win the Nobel Peace Prize???

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Yeah, that would be him.

4. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

I hope I'm that foolish in my old age.

5. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

Let's review this quote carefully, boys and girls.

"Rumsfeld and Cheney and the president made a big mistake in justifying going into the war in Iraq. They put the emphasis on weapons of mass destruction," Ford said. "And now, I've never publicly said I thought they made a mistake, but I felt very strongly it was an error in how they should justify what they were going to do."

Am I the only one who looks at the words 'justifying,' 'emphasis,' and 'error in how they should justify,' and comes away with the notion that Ford isn't being critical of the actual war, but in what the big wigs were telling the American people about why we are there?

Nobody from the drive-by media (say what you want about Limbaugh, but he has us nailed on this term) has mentioned that.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Noted that, as well, and don't disagree with you.

Draft saved Draft deleted