1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Forbes beats Ilmago to the punch: Worst World Series Champions

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Piotr Rasputin, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ys-forbesworstchamps102210

I find these topics dubious. A team declared as "The worst champion" is probably good with that. Better than being the best runner-up.

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

don't know how the 88 Dodgers aren't on that list.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I don't see any Cubs teams on there.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That was my first thought, too.

5. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Who-whooo, '87 Twins are No. 1. We're going to win Twins, we're going to score. We're going to win Twins, watch that baseball soar!

They probably deserve it. But I'll say this. If that team played the 1927 Yankees and had homefield advantage with four games in the Thunderdome...they'd have beaten the Bombers.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Forbes has precious-little credibility left to lose, if their recent dorkapottomus, fantasyland profile
    of Dan Snyder (omitting and/or pouring tons of makeup on warts) is any representative indication.

7. I don't know if the '85 Royals were among the worst to ever win it. I vote for just plain lucky.

And the Phils are on the list twice? Bullshit.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Lists suck.

9. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

[​IMG]@ The thread title

10. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

The 1997 Cleveland Indians were two outs away from being at the top of this list. Of all the Tribe teams from that era that almost won the title, the 1997 team was the worst and yet got closest.

They won 87 games and their ace was Jaret Wright.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The 2006 Cardinals get a bad rap. They were a decent team cruising toward 90 wins until they stumbled at the end of the year. They lost 10 of their last 14 (and seven in a row) to finish 83-78. Maybe not an all-time great, but better than they're remembered as.

12. Crash

Crash Active Member

People still read Forbes?

Draft saved Draft deleted