1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For your rare holiday music listening pleasure...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Dec 15, 2006.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

can't find a link to this article online so I'll type in the highlights (and when I do find a link, I'll post it)

From 6 p.m. Christmas Eve - 6 p.m. Christmas Day, Jon Solomon will host his 19th annual 24-hour Christmas show - an eclectic, eccentric, ecumencial marathon of music inspired by Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwaanza, New Year's and the snowy winter months.
    The show will be on 103.3 FM - out of Princeton, NJ - and on the web at www.wprb.com
    Some songs from past years have included "The Jingle Bells Driedel Song" by the Lothars, "I Won't Be Twisting This Christmas" by Father Guido Sarducci, "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" by Tiny Tim, "There Ain't No Sanity Claus" by The Damned, "The Twelve Gifts of Christmas" by Alan Sherman, "Hanukkah in Santa Monica" by Tom Lehrer.
    He'll play things off old 78 rpm records, Christmas blues, Ladino hip-hop, contemporary punk, a cool kind of klezmer and everything in between.
    There's a link here: http://www.wprb.com/ where you can make requests for the show.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

First new job at the Birmingham News, then a blog, then an interview in the Sports Media Guide and now this... The man just doesn't stop working

Draft saved Draft deleted