1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For your entertainment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hondo, Sep 24, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The economy is tanking. Gas prices are still high. Neither presidential candidate is worth a damn. Half of Houston doesn't have power. Tom Brady is out for the season.

In light of this bad news, may this bring you 1:54 or so of mirth. My favorite SNL skit of all time. I have no idea why he thought this would be funny, but it was, and still is. (However, this might be lost on you poor souls who never knew a Saturday morning with Mighty Mouse.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I loved Mighty Mouse. Never thought this (or Andy) was funny. Still don't.

Sorry.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Well, women don't think the Three Stooges are funny either.

4. The Granny

The Granny Guest

I'll disagree with that.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Then God love you.

6. KG

KG Active Member

I liked the Sweeney Sisters. It was kind of before my SNL time, but I did watch reruns of it.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Can I have that two minutes back? What a fucking waste.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I am deeply concerned for anyone who doesn't see why this is funny.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Well, that skit was really funny at the time if you were stoned, which most of us were when watching the thing live.

It has, of course, achieved a sort of mythic status with the whole Man in the Moon thing.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I didn't like it the first 100 times I saw it.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

And I'm deeply concerned for anyone who does...and/or who thought Mitch Hedberg was funny.

12. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

This from the man who also once said "Monty Python sucks ass." I guess we know the type of people who keep Dane Cook and Frank caliendo afloat . . . .

hondo: Tank Yoo Veddy Mouch. This isn't Kaufman's best work (though I like when he misses his cue), and he certainly is an acquired taste. But I'm a fan, absolutely.

Draft saved Draft deleted