1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For your consideration

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Sam Waller, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Sam Waller

Sam Waller New Member

I don't know if this should be here or not, but it didn't seem appropriate to put it on just one of the workshops.

Any way, this is our preseason section from the OA, 36 broadsheet pages over four sections. Feel free to rip, denegrate, praise, ignore as you will.

http://www.oaoa.com/sports/sportsftball2006.htm

This link will take you to a page that has links to pdf's of the section. Any feedback will be appreciated. It should be interesting, especially in light of some statements made on the running tab thread.

Cheers,
    Sam Waller

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

from what i see, it appears chris gove continues to put out a quality product.

i just have to wonder how many more years this guy actually will be in odessa. (unfortunately for me) i've been through west texas several times and have picked up the oa and it's always a quality section regardless of its size.

somebody at a major metro has to be licking their chops waiting to bring this guy on as an ASE ... or better. gove will be a major player, and soon, if he wants.

3. tenacious_g

tenacious_g Member

I don't mean to start a trend, but here is ours... 1-16, prep/17-28 college. I did the layout and most of the collegiate content while still putting out the regular section. We were short staffed and didn't get the help we probably should have from the desk, but part of that was me not being as vocal as I could. Oh well... its done. Now onto the season. It's game week... I haven't covered a win for the team I do beat writing for in over a year... This week should end that as they scheduled a home opener against a D-IAA team.

http://adserver1.harvestadsdepot.com/mednmlcsn/ss/051193/

Here's to a season of open practices, good quotes, interesting games and running clocks!

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

las cruces eh? tell bob lilly that tom petty said hello.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Nice looking stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted