1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For you SJ.com fantasy fiends out there...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Michael Echan, Mar 22, 2008.

1. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

Here's one more league, and it won't be a train wreck like the last one. 10-team mixed H-2-H league, standard scoring but two wrinkles: batters also have total bases and pitchers have blown saves. Nothing real major or out of left field. The draft is this coming Friday at 9:00 ET. The Spittin' Spitzers are waiting...

League ID: 240990
    Password: fix
    Custom League URL: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/sjfiends

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Can I call my team the spniteds?

4. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

You can call them whatever you want, Norm.

5. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Uh, oh. Michael is just blissfully unaware enough he may actually think this place is being nice.

Danger, Michael Echan, danger!

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

And ... I've just created spnited's Poo Boys.

7. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Is this a competitive league? Like, am I trying to win? Or just get my favorite players?

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Obsession is a smelly cologne. If you want out of the league, just say so.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'm in this league to have fun, but if someone really wants in, I can leave.

10. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Chill the fuck out.

Had I known the other league was like that, I wouldn't have joined. I don't want to make the same mistake twice.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I thought Michael was going to suggest a good therapist for the true addicts like myself.

GBNF, you might want to check out the SportsJournalists.com money league. There's a thread on here somewhere. I know they lost a few people, including myself, and they generally take things seriously.

I did look up what you were talking about. If you find yourself in a league like that, I think you're better off just finding a replacement than complaining about it. Obviously, they want to play differently than you do.

12. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

Nah, I'm not blissfully unaware: I just don't give a damn. And this league is just for fun. No money or prizes. Just for shits and giggles.

Draft saved Draft deleted