1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For what its worth LLWS thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I don't think the Neds want to come back after the dismantling the Venezuelans gave them.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

A lot of New England kids' favorite players play for the Yankees. Wonder how that goes over?
    Plus, one of them said their favorite player is Mike Lowell. I think that might have been the least likely name I was expecting to hear.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Japan beat Canada 7-1. At least they didn't hit double digits like the last time they played

It was 2-0 going into the 5th and then the Tokyo kids scored five.

4. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

With a score of 21-2 ...that is just sad. And I am sure the quotes were something like:

"My kids deserve to be here. We beat some pretty tough cupcakes teams to get here and I am proud of these boys because they fought back and scored some runs off a really good team."

5. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

Sadly, two straight posts by me.

The Texas and Japan teams, easily the two favorites of the entire tournament, got a HUGE boost today. Both of their games on Wednesday were nixed due to the weather problems on Tuesday. Both teams are 2-0 and would have faced an 0-2 team, so regardless of the outcome, it wouldn't have hurt the team.

But the benefit comes in that they were able to save a pitcher. They didn't have to burn a pitcher or two in the third and final pool play game. Granted, they probably wouldn't have thrown one of their top pitchers, it still has some affect.

Also, even though the game won't be played, it still counts as a game played for pitchers that are ineligible. I think that makes sense. But by the looks of their days off for both teams, it shouldn't matter much.

I guess you could consider it as hurting them as well. I am sure both teams could have used a throw away game where they scored 15 or so runs to get their offense clicking. Oh well, looking forward to the Arizona versus Coon Rapids game tonight.

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Interesting column on Godzillas in LL.

http://www.slate.com/id/2172638/?GT1=10346

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Levin's column sounded like a noodle-armed 2-inning, 1 at bat right fielder.

Sad to see Oregon lose, but they gave Texas a good game. There was one woman in the stands who was screaming the whole game like a boat horn.

Draft saved Draft deleted