1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For what its worth LLWS thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Aug 19, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, all I know is that the Canadian team from BC will probably get their asses kicked by Japan tomorrow.

2. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

How bad was that kid's arm in right for the Saudi Arabia team?

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sweet Avatar Mayfly - what are the four Ws behind it? And that team from the Netherlands sucked - I can't believe we don't have a team from Ramstein Air Base in Germany that couldn't beat them.

4. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Why is the "Saudi" team not in the EMEA confederation? Is there a division just for kids of U.S. servicemen stationed abroad in places like Dhahran?

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I covered the Lubbock team in one of the qualifying rounds, so hopefully they win it all. They were pretty dang good when I saw them.

6. txscoop

txscoop Member

Lubbock has the best team in the Series. Texas Tech can't get Lubbock on the map so they need a bunch of 12-year olds to do it for them.

7. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Ws? I don't know what you mean.

8. DanOregon

who, what, why and where

9. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Who: Castro falling down and Zidane headbutting him.
    What: My side saddle
    Why: I thought it was comical and put it up there. Who doesn't like seeing Castro fall down?
    Where: Cuba somewhere.

10. DanOregon

well-done - I thought it was a basketball fight, didn't recognize El Presidente.

Anybody know how they settle tie-breakers at the LLWS for pool play - I gather head-to-head is the first tie-breaker, but what happens after that?

11. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

After head-to-head then it is it is runs allowed. They divide the runs the team gave up to innings played. So if a tea gets run ruled, it really hurts its chances.

The final will be Texas vs. Japan. Count on it. Garrett Williams is a stud for Lubbock and will dominate. But as always, Japan will be tough.

As for Saudi Arabia, they make it every single year. This is like their seventh straight apperance and they haven't won much of anything as of late.

12. DanOregon

Too bad the Sauds don't get a crack at Netherlands.

Draft saved Draft deleted