1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For what its worth LLWS thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Aug 19, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

That lefty from Texas was dealing tonight. 17 k's. Probably would have whiffed all 18 if not for the pitch count instituted this year.

2. KP

KP Active Member

It's the second year for the pitch counting bs.

I feel dirty for knowing that.

EDIT - I can feel clean once again, the rule was announced just after last year's tourney. My bad.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

It's the first year the pitch count has been strictly enforced at all levels of the tournament, including the World Series.

The AP was moving stories last week about how the pitch count was new this year.

My paper covers our teams in the local District tournament, through the state sectional tournament, the state tournament and if our local team advances out of states to the regionals and then the World Series. Trust me. This was the first year the pitch count has been strictly enforced.

In the summer we devote as much space to the Little League and Babe Ruth tournaments and American Legion ball as we do to high school sports the other parts of the year -- and that's usually a page and a half, two pages.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's definitely the first year of the pitch count being strictly enforced.

5. WS

WS Member

I watch this every year,plus the regional championships that ESPN broadcasts. A little over the top? Absolutely, but the kid in me watches it. Team from Washington was very, very good but got upset by a team from Oregon in the finals.

The best teams are playing right now - Texas and Arizona - in my opinion. Figure they'll meet in the U.S. championship for the right to get blasted by Japan or someone like that. Or get beat 2-1 because the star pitcher runs out of pitches after his 17th strikeout with 2 outs in the 6th.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Probably because you don't look much older than the players, I reckon

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And did I just hear this bubblehead Sophie COrtina talk about being in "Williamsport, Minnesota" while standing in the middle of the Coon Rapids outfield section?

8. WS

WS Member

yeah. she seems more nervous than the 12-year-olds being interviewed

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Europe Middle East Africa

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Thanks

Couldn't have figured that out in a million years.

I guess the team from Iraq didn't make it.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I meant Africa, not Asia...

Draft saved Draft deleted