1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those who have flown today...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HackyMcHack, Aug 10, 2006.

1. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Now that Big Brother won't let you take your water/Starbucks/adult beverage aboard, are airlines still providing drinks once in the air?

Can't seem to find a definite answer ... and I've got a flight planned in a few days ???

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'm thinking in a year or two, everyone who flies will have to do so in the nude, with nothing in their hands, their luggage flown on a separate aircraft, and they all have to have a BCS before boarding.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Plus a barium enema ...

4. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

EVERYONE knows the BCS doesn't work... sorry wrong topic

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I just KNEW someone was going to make that joke. Not surpringly, it was you 77. :D

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Nah, that would mean having dentists at the security checkpoints. too expensive.

7. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

You should read the FlyerTalk forums on this. Every possible joke has been made.

But to answer the OP, my mom just called from her flight. Yes, they're serving on domestic planes, but no more than usual.

8. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Heard on the news that you can't take drinks, etc. through security. Once in the terminal, you can buy water, coffee, drinks and take them on the plane.

9. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

In a related story, the price of coffee at airports went up to $9.95 a cup.

10. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Flyertalk forum says that differs from airport to airport.

11. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

What happened today that would affect flights? [/d_b]

12. soccer dad

soccer dad Guest

i just spoke to a buddy of mine who is travelling internationally out of pearson in toronto.

he said it was the easiest travel day hes ever seen. an elite level flyer, there was no one in his line and his security lineup was short. there were signs coming into the airport warning people about liquids & gels, and everyone seemed to listen.

hes a guy who is never early, showed up more than three hours before his flight and is now bored out of his skull in the lounge.

Draft saved Draft deleted