1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those who have an opinion or a vote, who is the 2007 Heisman winner?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Nov 24, 2007.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Didn't she have kids, by CU players, about 10 years apart?

2. Anyway, I was (vicariously) voting for McFadden last week and haven't changed my mind.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

There was a D-lineman who played for awhile with the Eagles. (can't remember his name)

Sneak in the sense that daddy didn't know.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Tebow against the 'Noles: 19-28-0, 262, 3 TDs; rushing, 13-89, 2 TDs.

Season: 217-317-6 (.680), 3,122, 29 TD passes; rushing, 194-838 (4.3), 22 TDs.

If you're going by stats, he's the winner. Please don't bring up his team's three losses, because Colt Brennan is the only other viable candidate with a better record (if someone says Pat White, I'll puke).

5. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

pat white's better than tebow

6. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

McFadden's. It's not just a bar in Philadelphia.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Agreed. He's a better runner and the more accurate passer.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Pat White has a higher completion percentage than Tebow, more than 1,100 yards rushing and an average of nearly 8 yards per rush.
    And his team will win the National championship.

But don't bring his name up in the Heisman discussion.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Pat White pussied out of the South Florida game with a "thigh bruise." You're the stud of the team, you don't leave because of a thigh bruise.

And ask the top-25 college coaches in this week's AP poll who they'd rather have. I think the answer would be Tebow.
    May be going out on a limb, but it's an opinion.

In reality, White won't even get invited to New York, so it's a moot argument.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Hondo the SEC cheerleader isn't bias in this or anything.

And Tebow isn't a pimple on Pat White's ass.

Pat White is a better player, he is faster, he is stronger and HIS TEAM WILL WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Of course, that is assuming the SEC shills don't find a way to justify pushing a 2-loss Georgia team into the title game against Ohio State.

The SEC is usually the best conference in the land -- this year it was the most over rated conference, perhaps in the history of football.

And these ridiculous basketball scores that are being turned in every week in the SEC is starting to resemble the old WAC.

It is time for SEC shills to give up the ghost -- your conference was way down, your teams way over rated and the SEC will get exposed come bowl time......

The three top Heisman candidates should be Pat White, Darren McFadden (who is the best overall player by the way) and Colt Brennan.

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

sec was down this year -- but so is every other conference. not sure what other conference is better. the only one with a shot is the pac 10. i may even get it as close as a toss-up.

and it's not hondo's sec bias, it's his tebow man-love, like everyone else in the jort state

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Wait? You're bashing the SEC's defense, but then pimping a Big East team and QB? It's the conference that defense forgot. Big East teams would defend just was well with their team managers out there. I'm pretty sure Big East teams just view those 11 guys as window dressing, something to break up that big sea of green that is the field, because, you know, they sure don't look at them as people out there to actually stop an offense.

(And, FWIW, I loathe the SEC)

Draft saved Draft deleted