1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those who have an opinion or a vote, who is the 2007 Heisman winner?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Nov 24, 2007.

1. IGotQuestions

IGotQuestions Member

Same with Adrian Peterson a few years ago. He should have won the Heisman. "But he's a freshman with so much MORE potential. Let a deserving upperclassman have it."

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Tebow has a broken hand. I think that should knock him out immediately. [/chasedanielforheisman fangirl]

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

WVA and UF both run the spread option. If we use your criteria, aren't both running QBs in gimmick offenses?

4. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

The fact Tebow played the second half with a broken right hand probably will impress some people and help him get votes. The kid's performance has been amazing and I would vote for him. Having said that, if someone picks McFadden there's no way I can tell them they're wrong because he's an incredible player. Tebow has been more consistently productive over the season, though.

5. I have not seen a better player on any field this year than Jeremy Maclin.

6. joe

joe Active Member

Piss on Holyfield. Maclin is the real deal.

7. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

Just so we can end the discussion once and for all...

The Chase Daniels supporters are now free to jump off the Heisman bandwagon. Your boy didn't get it done in the biggest game of his career. Nice try.

Game, set, match - Tim Tebow.

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If "he didn't get it done in a big game" is the criterion for selecting the Heisman winner, than obviously Colt Brennan is the only deserving candidate, because he didn't lose ANY games. Tebow was on a three-loss team. By the "get it done" logic, that makes him a mediocre player.
    God, that argument makes me sick. It is the simplest, most demagogic, and wrongheaded way to assess a player in a team sport there is.

10. Stretch15

Stretch15 Member

I wasn't making the argument...all the talking heads on ESPN were. "If Daniels goes 40-49 in the biggest game of his career, then the Heisman is his." I heard that over & over & over again.

Many of the "experts" believed if Daniels put on a dominating performance, he was sure to win. My point is that Daniels didn't get the job done, so they should get off his bandwagon.

I never believed there was an argument to begin with - Tebow should be the winner, hands down, regardless of what Daniels did versus OU.

Draft saved Draft deleted