1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those who believe in prayer ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jun 9, 2011.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

:'(

Please say a prayer for a friend of mine -- who's also the track coach at one of the schools we cover -- who has tried to take his life twice in the past week. Trying not to give too much info away, but he's been accused of doing something he hasn't and it's pretty much ruined his reputation as a coach and teacher. And now it's almost taken his life.

His mom and a friend of ours found him in his bathtub earlier this week; he was planning to take some pills. That same friend had to talk him out of taking pills last week after some things happened.

I would do anything for this man. And I know he'd do anything for me. That's how close we've become over the years. I don't know what I'd do if all of a sudden he wasn't here.

If you guys could pray for him, I really would appreciate it.

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Oh man, sorry to hear this. That is a horrible feeling, hope and pray it works out.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'll pray, too. And try to get your friend to get some counseling. He's already going through a bad time. Talking to someone, who is supposed to be supporting, yet objective, may help.

4. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

I'll pray for him, but with friends caring for him in dark days, it seems that he already has what he needs most.

Draft saved Draft deleted