1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those of you wondering...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bucknutty, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

I had a thread about three months back or so about a non-compete clause in my contract and my attempts to take a job I had been offered. The thread has since been taken down for fears it would somehow further piss off my former employer, but I wanted to let those of you who offered advice or general well-wishes to know that I've finally landed on my feet.

Starting Monday, I will be covering a professional sports team at a major metropolitan newspaper. It's an incredible opportunity and one that allows my wife and I to remain close to our families as we try to start a family and such. If you want the specifics, feel free to PM me. If you're wondering who the heck I am and why I'm wasting everyone's time with this post, my apologies. Either way, thank you everyone for the help and support!

2. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Congrats and glad it worked out for you.

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I did wonder -- great, great news!

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's nice to see that something positive happens occasionally in this business.

Congrats man...

5. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

What Mizzou said.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Ditto!

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

It's nice to see the good guys winning for a change. Gives some of us hope. Congrats.

8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I was not aware of your original troubles, but I am glad to hear that things have worked out.

Congratulations!

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Congrats!

Draft saved Draft deleted