1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those of you wondering...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bucknutty, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

I had a thread about three months back or so about a non-compete clause in my contract and my attempts to take a job I had been offered. The thread has since been taken down for fears it would somehow further piss off my former employer, but I wanted to let those of you who offered advice or general well-wishes to know that I've finally landed on my feet.

Starting Monday, I will be covering a professional sports team at a major metropolitan newspaper. It's an incredible opportunity and one that allows my wife and I to remain close to our families as we try to start a family and such. If you want the specifics, feel free to PM me. If you're wondering who the heck I am and why I'm wasting everyone's time with this post, my apologies. Either way, thank you everyone for the help and support!
  2. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Congrats and glad it worked out for you.
  3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I did wonder -- great, great news!
  4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's nice to see that something positive happens occasionally in this business.

Congrats man...
  5. Liut

Liut Active Member

What Mizzou said.
  6. Double J

Double J Active Member

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

It's nice to see the good guys winning for a change. Gives some of us hope. Congrats.
  8. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

I was not aware of your original troubles, but I am glad to hear that things have worked out.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted