1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those of you of a certain age ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HejiraHenry, Nov 15, 2006.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

What the last vinyl album you bought?
    What's the last cassette tape you bought?

For me:

Vinyl: No idea. I'll try to look tonight when I get home.
    Cassette: Nine Inch Nails, Downward Spiral, 1994.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Vinyl: Motley Crue's picture disc, circa 1985
    Cassette: I believe it was Jesus Jones' debut in 91?

Further to that, what was the first CD you ever bought?
    Mine ... and I'm slightly embarrassed to admit this was ... oh dear God, do I say it? ... sigh, here goes ...
    Technotronic, she said, cringing.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Pump up the jam, Flash. Pump it up.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I have never bought a vinyl. My last tape was probably Wilson Phillips. My first CD was Boys to Men II, I think. Now I'm embarrassed.

5. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Cassette: PM Dawn
    Vinyl? What's that? ;)

6. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Last vinyl: Carole King - Tapestry...for my Mom for Christmas last year.

Last tape: Hmmmm...May have been "Sowing the Seeds of Love" by Tears for Fears.

First CD: "10 from 6" Bad Company.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Don't remember the last vinyl I bought, but I have all my old albums sitting in storage, so I am sure I could figure it out.

It probably wasn't the first album I bought on my own without it being given to me, but I remember buying "Paradise Theatre" by Styx, when I was 12 or 13, and thinking it was the coolest thing because there is a hologram on the vinyl that takes on the rainbow colors when you hold it up to the light. And yes, I graduated from Styx pretty quickly.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Last vinyl -- Faster Pussycat

Last tape -- Grave Dancer's Union -- Soul Asylum

First CD -- Get a Grip -- Aerosmith

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Don't know about the last vinyl album, but the last vinyl record was the Irish 7" single of "A Celebration" by U2. Looked for it for years and years, then bought it on eBay almost 10 years ago.

No clue on cassette. Almost never bought them. Still have a closet full of vinyl but no cassettes.

First CD: "Security" by Peter Gabriel.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Vinyl: Showdown: Welcome to the Rodeo
    Cassette: Some Jeff Foxworthy somethin....

11. Martin_Lane

Martin_Lane Member

I'm not sure about the last album, although I do remember buying a Doobie Brothers new release for $3.99. And since I have a boom box that plays cassettes, I've purchased a few $1 tapes out of the bargain bin over the last few years.

But the first CD was "Brothers in Arms" by Dire Straits. That just jumped out out of the speakers in the digital format. "Power Windows" by Rush was right behind.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Last vinyl: Led Zeppelin IV (bought in 1988), though I bought a 45 of Zeppelin's at-the-time single only "Hey, Hey What Can I Do".
    Last cassette: Probably Van Halen's OU812, though I made tons of my own cassettes until I got a CD burner.
    First CD: Chicago's Greatest Hits, after I got a CD player in Christmas 1988. Still have it, and yes, I have no penis.

Draft saved Draft deleted