1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For the love of God, make them stop.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jan 30, 2008.

1. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

Or how about the Washington Baseball Nationals, not to be confused with the former Ottawa hockey Nationals who played in the WHA.
    Or the Ottawa hockey Senators, not to be confused with either incarnation of the Washington baseball Senators, who went on to become the Texas baseball Rangers.

2. doctor x

doctor x Member

Let's not forget the Cleveland football Browns.

Interestingly, the St. Louis baseball Browns moved to Baltimore, as did the original Cleveland football Browns.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

There have been three Pittsburgh Pirates franchises. The baseball one, the NFL one, who are now the Steelers, and an NHL team in the 1920s.

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

They both have about the same chances of winning the Stanley Cup.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Or the New Jersey hockey used to be Christmas Red and Green Devils.

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Does any ESPN announcer really say this other than Berman? I almost always either flip to another channel or (in the case of highlights) mute the TV when he comes on anyway.

Regarding avoiding the hype. I do as much as I can, but since I work the desk I unfortunately have to keep up with it. When I'm off work, I definitely avoid national sports talk radio because most won't recognize that there's anything else going on except the NFL right now.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Unfortunately, quite a few people say this now, along with "frozen tundra of Lambeau Field."

Draft saved Draft deleted