1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For the love of God, make them stop.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jan 30, 2008.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

Exactly. It's one of the reasons why I enjoy just having basic cable. That, and only paying $8 a month.

2. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

You know the New York Football Giants, don't you? They're the team playing for the NFL football championship!

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It's unfortunate for those of us who don't get ESPN News...if I want to see highlights from the night before, I have to sit through that dreck.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

When to the New York Baseball Yankees start up? (there was a New York football Yankees ... just didn't want any confusion)

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Let's not forget the New York Football Jets. There was once a NHL club called the Winnipeg Jets dontchaknow.

6. T2

T2 Member

Or the St. Louis baseball Cardinals. There was a St. Louis football Cardinals team from 1960 through 1987, as I recall --- much more recent than the New York baseball Giants.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

From what I remember, the baseball Cardinals were the Redbirds and the football team was known as the Big Red, to resolve the confusion.

8. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Isn't that the New Jersey football Jets?

Or is it the New York Jets of New Jersey, a la the idiot that owns the Angels?

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Don't forget the Toronto Maple Leafs Hockey team and the Toronto Maple Leafs Inter-county Basseball Team.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, if you don't mind sacrificing a month's cable, there's a house in Detroit you could buy.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Why not add "The Colorado baseball Rockies."

I mean, there used to be an NHL team with the same name. Will we confuse those two franchises anytime soon?

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

They're now the New Jersey hockey non-Blue Devils.

Draft saved Draft deleted