1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For the love of God, make them stop.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Jan 30, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

There hasn't been a "New York baseball Giants" in 50 fucking years.
    Please, for the love of humanity and those innocent people who might get hurt when I go postal, will all the TV geeks, radio talk show hosts, thinking-they're-clever callers and above all, everyone who draws a paycheck from Bristol-fucking-Connecticut -- stop using the term "New York Football Giants."

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

There's a lot of things that make that poor clown sad. I hurt for him.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

The best thing about moving to the news desk is that, during times like these when primaries and such take up all my time, I'm completely oblivious to the hours upon hours of mindless pre-Super Bowl drivel.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

For some reason, I thought this thread title said: "For the love of God, make them strip."

I shit you not.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

That made me laugh really hard for some reason.

6. Haven't turned on ESPN (except for college basketball games) or the NFL Network since the AFC and NFC championship games. Haven't listened to talk radio. I refuse to watch and/or listen to two weeks of bullshit. And I won't turn on the Super Bowl until kickoff. Fuck the hype.

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I'm the exact same way. I actually have no idea what's going on with the hype and that makes me very happy. I only watch ESPN for the college basketball and having two to three game on a night makes me oh so happy.

8. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

Aren't they technically the East Rutherford Giants, anyway? :p

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

When you figure it out, please let me know. That line should get a small chuckle at best.

10. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

And why aren't they the Texas Baseball Rangers? We're only about two months away from our first walkoff walk!!

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

fixed

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Because you are in love with him?

Draft saved Draft deleted