1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For the first time in almost 27 years ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TwoGloves, May 31, 2009.

1. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

I'm unemployed. Weird feeling to say the least. Last time I didn't have a job working at the paper, I was a teenager.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

When's your tee time tomorrow?

3. TwoGloves

12:30 p.m. Tuesday since you asked. Got invited to a charity outing at a private club. It will be interesting to see how many invites I still get now that I'm not with the paper.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

What happened? Lay off? Buy out? Retirement? Back to school (or other positive)?

Enjoy your golf though, least for a coupla weeks.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Disappointed on two fronts. First, your predicament, TG. Second, because I clicked on this expecting a Bootsian-like tale of ribaldry. :p

6. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Hope it's by choice, in which case I offer my congratulations. But if not, I hope this situation quickly turns into a positive for you, TwoGloves. Godspeed.

7. TwoGloves

Got kicked to the curb along with six other members of the department. We did get severence pay (or we will soon). They kept on FT writer, one PT writer.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'm sorry to hear that, TG. Best of luck as you try to figure out what's next.

9. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Sorry, TG. Good luck.

10. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Best of luck.

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Sorry, man. I am unencumbered for the first time since i was 14 (a quarter century ago) and it's disconcerting to say the least. Days just don't feel right.

12. You could track down Jeff Jarvis and hit him with a pie.
    Sorry, TG. Too much of this, these days.

Draft saved Draft deleted