1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For the first time I was able to watch Animal House

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Nov 3, 2007.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

IJAG... you need to see those three films.
    Based on the last comment about every other 'coming of age' flick, am I correct in reading that as you've never seen any part of The Breakfast Club or 16 Candles?

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I've never seen Caddyshack.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What are you? Amish?

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Nope. Just don't find anything I've heard about those movies to be humorous.

And no, EStreet, I've seen those. i guess I should have said the earlier coming-of-age movies and the 'standards' for the most part of the past 40.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Shouldn't you consider actually, you know, seeing the movies before passing judgement on them?

6. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

"This is what happens when you find a stanger in the Alps."

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

"Do you see this, Larry? Do you see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?"

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

A showing of Austin Powers on E! Saturday edited out the scene where Liz Hurley bites the sausage while Mike Myers is prancing about nakkid
    And yet I'm watching some comedy specials on Comedy Central last night and they're dropping f-bombs and women (and men) are exposing themselves - imagine that.

9. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

If you don't watch Blues Brothers for the humor, watch it for the musical numbers:
    - Aretha Franklin singing "You Better Think"
    - Ray Charles singing "Shake a Tailfeather"
    - Cab Calloway singing "Minnie the Moocher"
    - a minute or so of John Lee Hooker singing "Boom, Boom, Boom"
    - the Blues Brothers (Akroyd & Belushi) singing "Stand By Your Man", "Theme from Rawhide", "Sweet Home Chicago".
    - James Brown singing "The Old Landmark"
    - "Jailhouse Rock" - everyone in the movie

10. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

You-and everyone-need to read The Real Animal House by Chris Miller.

It came out earlier this year and Miller, a lampoon writer whose stories in the yearbook issue influence the movie, goes more in-depth about his college years at Dartmouth. It's a hysterical read. Words fail on this one.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

NO SPOILERS!

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Hence why I said "nothing I've heard about them." Never claimed they weren't. Just that they don't appeal to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted