1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For the first time I was able to watch Animal House

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Nov 3, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

One thing almost everyone forgets about Animal House is that four years before the movie was released, National Lampoon came out with a high school yearbook parody. It was Larry Kroger's yearbook (Pinto), and it was pee-yourself funny. It was a precursor to the movie.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

And I am a longtime admirer of yours, as well.

Can I join your army?

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

"I say, forget you, Jobu."

"Strike this ... guy out."

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

True story - my mom took me and my brother and sisters to see it, I was 12 with a younger brother and three older sisters 14, 15, and 16. First movie I saw with boobies in it. I still laugh remembering how my mom tried covering my younger brothers eyes and he kept batting her arms away.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I say, forget you, Jobu."

"Strike this ... guy out."

I remember the TV version of Back to the Future, when Doc Brown tells Marty "When this baby hits 88 miles per hour. ....you're going to see some serious STUFF!" (Ugh).

And hopefully this thread won't end, even if the Germans bomb Pearl Harbor.

6. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Senior year of high school I had to prepare a presentation on drunk driving, so I showed the scene where Otter was making out with the topless chick in the car and the other guys came running out of the bar and drove crazily away. I also showed the scene from Dazed and Confused with the beer cooler in the trunk. Needless to say, I had very little respect for my teacher.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Waiting for the thread where someone says they've never seen Caddyshack. Unbelievable to have this thread in existence. Shameful.

8. Baron Scicluna

So Username, what grade did that teacher give you for that presentation?

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I've still never seen Animal House. Not even 5 seconds of it.
    Same with Fast Times.
    Same with Blues Brothers.
    Same with virtually every other 'coming of age' flick of the past 40 years.

10. Clever username

I was trying to remember to include in the post. I can't quite recall. I believe, however, it was a B+. She didn't so much mind the use of the movies, she just thought I should have included a serious one with a funny one, not two funny ones.

I had clashed with her all year and I think she was just happy to get me out of there. We had to pass that project to graduate. It was AP Economics, but the last month of school, after the AP test, had to be devoted to the government class we opted out of by taking AP Econ. The project was a state mandate.

11. Baron Scicluna

Well, at least you got a good grade out of it, plus a fun memory.

12. Clever username

One of the few from AP Economics.

And if we're talking movies we haven't seen, or at least all the way through, I've only seen Godfather II in bits and pieces. It took me about eight years to see Something About Mary and Dumb and Dumber. They were not nearly as amusing as I'm sure they would have been if I had seen them as a teenager.

Draft saved Draft deleted